THE TAGLINE: ‘friends across cultures’ was selected by the committee as capturing the essence of our organisation’s mission of friendship and support, of sharing and learning about cultural diversity. It captures a warmth and informality, a sense of intimacy as well as a global sense of distance across oceans.
THE COLOURS: The colours are dark blue/purple and magenta. The blue/purple is a link to our traditional blue used for the AIW for many years. The purple provides a richness and gives it life whereas the dark blue alone proved rather flat. The magenta is rich and gives a nod to a feminine colour appropriate for a women’s organisation. Together the colours are powerful, strong, stylish and elegant. The colours also work well when printed or copied in black and white.
THE FONTS: The font used for the organisation’s name suggests strength and authority. The font used for the tag line has character, is quietly sophisticated, has movement and contrasts well with the stronger organisational name.
The brief: to design a ‘fresh, crisp’ logo for the ‘International Women Indiana’. The logo should be:
- vibrant – expresses energy and movement
- fresh – in the sense of contemporary
- suggests connecting, sharing, friendship
- an open design, without a defined border
- a horizontal design with the name of the organization written in full next to the logo
- include the tag line ‘Friends across cultures’