I love words and I especially love how one word can mean so many different things.
- Turkey — it’s a bird, mostly eaten on big event public holidays — a premium feast! Let’s give thanks for and bird that enjoys a better life than most that are bred for the table.
- Turkey — it’s a country, once one of the rulers of the world, now a route from East to West, a place to pass through, but also a buffer, a place of strategic importance. Let’s give thanks for Turkey to remain peaceful.
Lets play with Turkey
- Cold turkey –breaking any habit immediately
- Talk turkey: to talk business; to talk frankly
- Jive turkey: a person doing something dumb
- Turkey: on the stage — a failure; a sham
- Turkey shoot: an unfair fight in a war
Find more here
I’m having a marketing-speak moment…
Don’t be a jive Turkey! Are you Going Cold Turkey on your current visual brand? Do you have a new project that you don’t want to be a Turkey? Lets Talk Turkey!
Spare a thought…
November to December is a bad time of year to be a Turkey. From Thanksgiving on one side of the planet, to Christmas day on the other side of the planet, pretty much everyone (bar vegetarians and vegans) will be tucking into Turkey!