bp | graduate and experienced hires attraction, internal comms
Within a company as large as BP, internal communication is key. Above are a number of projects that we have helped ‘get the buy-in’.
- Graduate global forum – an annual event where recent graduates get to network with their peers from across the world, at the same time as attending a number of relevant seminars
- Process fitness – a company-wide initiative to encourage more efficient ways of working, tailored to each business unit
- Change in a box – a support system enabling managers to ‘manage’ their materials for change in working practices
- UK university recruiter’s intranet – a resource site for anyone involved in graduate recruitment in, and outside of BP. It gave calendar listings, ‘who’s who directories and much more
- Career stories intranet – a site on the HR intranet where it was possible to see how careers had been mapped by senior employees. It showed how it was possible to move about quite freely within BP and develop your career as your work/home needs change
We (Angie & Judi) worked on graduate attraction materials for a number of years for BP. From 4 page ‘taster’s’, to 40 page graduate and intern recruitment brochures – with supporting materials such as exhibition stands, advertising and E-zines. The projects required intensive project management, with upwards of 60 stakeholders in the largest brochure, design to appeal to a large number of different discipline interests from marketing to drillers, art directing photography to get the best out of each candidate, interviewing each candidate to get a rounded perspective on their job and their opinions on BP and it’s way of working.
Angie has a pragmatic approach to design which means that what she develops is fit for purpose, still creative and stylish, but very much with the client’s budget and needs in mind. Her eye for detail means that mistakes are few and her preparation of files prior to print is exemplary.